Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Start

In order to explain why I am doing this, I must first explain how I got here. During my last summer I was desperate to have something to do to occupy my time, being a teacher you get used to things being hectic, and out of control busy all time. In order to do that, I applied, interviewed, and attended a month long writing seminar for teachers known as the Southern Arizona Writing Project, a chapter of the National Writing Project, and spent the whole month living breathing and working on writing. At the end of SAWP, during the emotion and depression of being unsure I would see any of these people again, I jumped at the opportunity to join a writing group and have continued to work on my writing, participating in National Novel Writing Month, NaNoWriMo for short, and have done a mired of other things. However, having all this writing and no where to put it, a blog in fact seemed like the best idea. I am this spring going to take a writing class at the local community college, but to have somewhere to share this, I needed a venue. Here it is, my writing, for the best of the worst, I hope anyone and everyone can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment