Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Working Title: Colorado Belle


Prologue

I look at Jake's cold, dead face. His face begins to lose its color, from the beautiful peach tones that once existed to now a white lifeless form. His dark eyes still stare at me, taunting me. I thought I knew what I wanted from this life. I had known the risks, and prepared for the worst, but how could this have happened? My legs are heavy as I pick myself up to move, the snow trapped in my skirt weighs me down more than the pain in my heart but I had no choice. It was time to push on and persevere, despite the nagging feeling that I don't know what to do next. As I move through the woods, the power of what had happened hangs in the air. Fighting tears back, I enter the trees, leaving everything and nothing behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment