Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Vacation

What have you done with your summer vacation?

I've wrapped my head around my no longer living in a city I've called home for four years.

I've started a new class which I'm hoping will help me find clarity in my new job. A Western Humanities course taught by a no-nonsense old school professor who seems unfazed by behavior that makes my head scream "Who taught you that is appropriate behavior?!?"

I've planned a brand new curriculum for a brand new class in creative writing at my new school. Yea!!!! Still really really excited!

But that's not all... I've watched 118 episodes of a TV show I've always wanted to get into. Numbers. Am I proud that I've basically wasted that many hours doing basically nothing? No... but I've enjoyed the break from reality... and it ends with a beautiful wedding and a beautiful speech I want so share to you now.

"As you all know the four fundamental forces of physics; electromagnetism, strong nuclear interaction, weak nuclear interaction, and gravity. We've been talking here about the forces that bind the universe but what binds humans, love. Powerful in small spaces yet a profound effect on distance. Love defies time outliving both its source and its object. Love is faster than light for light requires time in order to travel through space but love reaches its object instantaneously. Love journeys forever, into infinity and its here binding together two lives."

In all its technicality it provides a poetic beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment